Women are welcome to attend the course on their own. If you have a birth partner it is extremely useful that they also attend so that they understand the techniques and prepare fully for their role.
Each participant and birth partner will receive a pre-workshop questionnaire to complete. This helps me have a clear picture of everyone’s hopes and fears and any particular issues. I can then tailor the workshop specifically to address your individual needs.
The 6 hour course costs £150. You can spread the cost by paying monthly installments. Please contact me to discuss a discount if you are on a low income.
Each course runs from 9.30-4.30 with an hour for lunch.
You will receive a copy of the book ‘Effective Birth Preparation’ by Maggie Howell ( RRP £10) and four MP3 downloads to help you practice ( RRP £40. You will receive all the handouts and my birth partner and labour and birth pocket handy sized guides.
The course includes;
- Learning self-hypnosis skills to overcome fear and increase confidence
- Practical techniques for staying calm
- Effective breathing and deep relaxation techniques
- Understanding how fear and anxiety can have a negative impact on your body in birth and how to reduce it
- Ways your birth partner can help you achieve a deeply relaxed state – and so that you get on with birthing and he gets on with everything else!
- How your body works best in labour and what you can do to help it work well
- Practical tools and techniques for birth partners to keep you calm and relaxed
- How your emotions change during labour and signs to look for
- Effective ways to work with the medical team supporting you
Please see our Cancellation Policy page.